GET STARTED / INVEST IN ETHIOPIA
iusto sint ut amet facilis a fugiat dolores tempore.
Expanding and improved infrastructure
We have achieved success with policies designed to improve infrastructure development, and a more conducive investment climate is on the horizon. Over the past decade, on average, 10% of Ethiopia’s GDP was spent on infrastructure development, the highest ratio in Africa. Key developments include:
- Building the Great Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) with the capacity to generate 6,450 MW of electricity—significantly improving the supply of power to local industries and providing energy exporting opportunities. We also offer electricity at one of the lowest utility rates in the world at $0.3-0.4/Kwh (compared to China’s $0.9/kwh).
- To serve the growing demand for transportation and facilitate import-export trade, we have also built a 780 kilometers Addis Ababa–Djibouti railway with the capacity to transport 24.9 million tons of freight annually. Since launch, the Addis-Djibouti Railway has significantly reduced transport time for freight, cutting shipping times from three days to just 10 hours.
- We have created a roads’ connection covering over 145,000 kilometers and are currently constructing 50,000 kilometers of roads.
- Our flag carrier, Ethiopian Airlines is a world-class airline, serving a network of 127 international, 22 domestic and 44 dedicated cargo destinations. Ethiopian is the leading carriers in Africa, unrivalled for efficiency and operational success, and dominating the pan African network through daily and double daily east-west flight across the continent. Ethiopian is also the world’s 4th largest airline by the number of countries served.
- With the goal of economic agglomeration, we have built 13 industrial parks equipped with the required infrastructure and services. Our parks offer a ‘plug and play’ opportunity, allowing investors to set up and start operations in record time. The more than 189 companies currently operating from inside our parks are testament to the quality services we provide. These include US fashion giant, Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH), the Dubai-based Velocity Apparels Companies, China’s Jiangsu Sunshine Group, and many more.
Latest News and Events
- Senselet was set up by Veris in 2015 to contribute to developing the potato value chain in Ethiopia. Senselet was…
November 28, 2022
- In 2009 the founders visited Ethiopia for the first time. There they saw the need for jobs and import substitution…
November 28, 2022