- Step 1: Collect information from Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC) Information and Investment Promotion Department about requirements, incentives and etc.
- Step 2: Collect application form from www.investethiopia.gov.et or EIC information desk,
- Step 3: Submit filled and signed application form (by the investor or general manager or authorized person) together with project proposal (business plan) and previous business background (company profile), copy of valid passport, investment/ business visa to Licensing and Registration Department,
- Step 4: Collect bank letter from Licensing and Registration Department to get permission to open a foreign currency account at National Bank of Ethiopia.
- Step 5: Transfer/deposit cash in the opened company bank account,
- Step 6: Collect confirmation letter and credit advise from bank,
- Step 7: Submit two recent passport size photographs of the investor,
- Step 8: Collect investment permit certificate from Licensing and Registration Department.
All documents whose sources are outside of Ethiopia shall be:
- Authenticated by the concerned notary office and Ethiopian Embassy in the foreign country; and
- Authenticated and registered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia.
Documents to be Notarized and Authenticated
- Memorandum of association and Article of Association
- Certificate of origin
- Minutes of resolution
- Power of attorney
- Business (investment) visa copy
- Passport size picture of the general manager
Minimum Capital Requirements
- For wholly foreign-owned company, the minimum capital requirement is 200,000 USD (USD 100.000 if it is architectural or engineering works or related technical consultancy services, technical testing, and analysis or in publishing)
- For joint venture company, the minimum capital requirement is 150,000 USD (USD 50.000 if it is architectural or engineering works or related technical consultancy services, technical testing and analysis or in publishing)
For additional information please contact us