1, What is the legal framework for foreign investment in Ethiopia?
There are various laws and regulations related to foreign investment in Ethiopia, including:
- Investment Proclamation (No. 769/2012)
- Investment (Amendment) Proclamation (No. 849/2014)
- Investment Incentives and Investment Areas Reserved for Domestic Investors Council of Ministers Regulation (No. 270/2012)
- Investment Incentives and Investment Areas Reserved for Domestic Investors Council of Ministers (Amendment) Regulation (No. 312/2014)
- Industrial Parks Proclamation (No. 886/2015)
- Directive on Transparency in Foreign Currency Allocation and Foreign Exchange Management (No. FXD/46/2017)
The full text of each of these laws/regulations can be found at this link: http://www.investethiopia.gov.et/information-center/publications. Further information on investment legislation and processes can be found on the website of the Ethiopian Investment Commission: http://www.investethiopia.gov.et/.